- Last Updated on Monday, 06 February 2012 16:25
- Written by The Times Weekly
- Category: Recipes
Makes: 4 servings
16 dates, pitted
3 Cheddar cheese snack sticks, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
16 whole almonds
8 slices bacon, cut in 1/2
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Soak 1/6 toothpicks in water for about 15 minutes.
- Slice open dates, and stuff each with a cube of Cheddar cheese and 1 almond. Wrap each date with a bacon slice, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place wrapped dates on a baking sheet, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the oven, turning once, until bacon is evenly browned.